RETIRE RICH - OFWs deserve to retire rich

Monday, April 6

Month No. 4 - Save 10% from your salary challenge


Kumusta mga kababayan kong OFWs? Stay safe.

COVID-19 is wreaking havoc around the world. As of this writing, there are 1.14 million cases, 63,000 deaths all over the world according to official data from the World Health Organization (WHO). Companies shut businesses down due to lockdown implemented by the government to contain the rapid spread of the pandemic. People unable to come to work. Some are wages against work employees---no work, no pay.

In this crucial time, it pays a lot we saved a few bucks from our monthly paychecks. We don't know exactly when a crisis like this would come. The thing we have control is to get ourselves ready when it is not here yet. Just like the story of "Tipaklong at si Langgam" we were told when we were young. We need to save something for the rainy season. Unfortunately, that rainy season is now. 

This is the time we could utilize what we've saved for if we don't have income. But I know this whole thing is beyond what I'm talking about here. Even the rich for sure will not be spared. Anong gagawin mo sa pera kung wala ka namang mabibili?

The economic impact of this virus could be more than the 2008 financial crisis. I think it is way too big than I could imagine. But the situation could drastically turn around to our favor once the vaccine is ready.

Anyway guys, please stay safe, as much as possible stay home and think positive. We can defeat this virus.


As for the title of this post, I can't say that it's a savings right now, but still, I continue to set aside the same amount of money as I did the last three succeeding months. But this time, it is for an emergency. I don't know when I'll stop receiving my salary also. It's just a matter of time that I will be spending my savings for the necessities in the coming months. I did not invest the amount but keep it in case I need it. So far, I still received the salary for March. Only the Almighty one knows till when.

Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment