RETIRE RICH - OFWs deserve to retire rich

Monday, January 13

Save 10% from your salary challenge


Every new year we often like to start something. It can be about having a healthy diet, to exercise daily or to start saving money. Whatever it is, we wanted to start something during the new year. What about you? What are the things you wanted to start this new year?

This year I challenged myself to save 10 percent from my monthly salary for a period of 12 months. I started to save from my December 2019 salary. I made a video on YouTube about this challenge and I documented the savings I made. You can find the video here: https://youtu.be/IwWlhmXfvWA. I'm somehow committed to making a video every month documenting this challenge. 

The challenge

If you want to save something from your salary this year try to take this challenge and join me. To start this challenge is a way to develop the habit of saving. You may start any percentage of your salary monthly. The important thing is that once you take up this challenge, you should commit a certain amount or percentage from your salary and save it monthly. 

If your salary is given bi-monthly it doesn't matter as long as you commit every paycheck irrespective of the period.  

Saving money is a matter of habit

In this way, you will be able to develop a habit. Besides this is the way of paying yourself first of what you've earned. Some may say that I buy something every paycheck as a reward for self's hard work. Some dine in a fine restaurant or buy a pair of shoes. Guys listen up! You're not paying yourself or rewarding yourself either. You paid someone else with your hard-earned money. I'm not saying don't buy something for yourself. But buying a pair of shoes monthly is gluttony! 

"The Law of Success" Book 

Let me provide you with an excerpt from the book "The Law of Success" by Napoleon Hill about the habit of saving. 

"To advise one to save money without describing how to save would be somewhat like drawing a picture of a horse and writing under it, "This is a horse." It is obvious to all that the saving of money is one of the essentials for success, but the big question is: "How can I do it?" The saving of money is solely a matter of HABIT.


No comments:

Post a Comment