RETIRE RICH - OFWs deserve to retire rich

Thursday, March 5

Month No. 3 - Save 10 percent from your salary challenge


After a few glitches from BDO, I still able to continue this challenge. I'm now in the third month! What about you?

We need to persevere whatever hindrance that comes on our way just to come up with our end goal. I'm having a hard time in the second month getting the one-time password from BDO. I made a video out of that experience, which you can view by clicking the link here: https://youtu.be/7k4DTJq4sG4

Well, in spite of the problem, I still able to continue. For the February 2020 salary, I have no problems saving 10 percent from it. I was able to access my BDO account smoothly this time. So, on the very same day, I got my salary, I transferred the savings to my COL Financial account (screenshot above).

As an OFW living off from my monthly paycheck, it is essential that I will have even a small amount of money set aside on a monthly basis. In this challenge, I oblige myself to save at least 10 percent. Then I invested the amount to a high dividend-paying stock or preferred stock.



I choose high dividend-paying stock because of the COVID19 virus the entire world is battling made companies stock price plummet. As a quick trader, (this is how I call myself as I hate to sit on a stock for an extended period of time) it seemed to me that the possibility for a stock price of a company to rise is less. So, for now, I opt to stop trading and just watching how the market move.

I still maintain a separate broker account intended for trading and from time to time if an opportunity exists to trade---I trade. In January 2020, I'm 0 wins out of 3 trades. In February 2020, 0 wins out of 5 trades. Damn, I did not do any trade this month so far.

The best thing to do, for me, in this situation is to save more money for capital. So what are you waiting for? Join me and take the "save 10% from your salary challenge". Months pass by so fast and it will never come back! I'm now in the third month. I hope I can continue this challenge until December 2020 to get my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment