RETIRE RICH - OFWs deserve to retire rich

Wednesday, October 14

With the new Philippine Ambassador to Kuwait

Photo: Don Juan of Tabang Pinoy
I've got the chance to see the new Philippine Ambassador to Kuwait up close. This was during the launching of Gracia Amor's book, Global Filipino bloggers . He's the one who handed to me over the certificate from Amor's book launch and signing.

Ambassador Renato Villa is also an OFW earlier in his career.

Before he became a diplomat, our new Ambassador had worked as an OFW in Jubail, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. He worked as a technical writer at Saudi Petrochemicals.

As a diplomat, Ambassador Villa were assigned in countries like UAE and Jordan.

He was also assigned in Malaysia -- the most populous Muslim country in the world. A country of more than 255 million and home of around half a million Filipinos.

I like the open-door policy of our Ambassador.  "I would like to adopt an open door policy to every Filipino in Kuwait and if there are concerns on their welfare, I want to welcome them in my office," the Ambassador said in an interview with Ben Garcia posted in Kuwait Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment